The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it is set to commence the verification of centres that may be considered for use ahead of preparations for its 2020 all computer-based Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The Head, Media and Information of the board, Dr Fabian Benjamin, made the disclosure to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Lagos.
According to him, preparations are already in top gear by the board to ensure that set standards for the smooth execution of the exercise is intact.
We have concluded plans to kick start the centre verification as part of preparations to ensure a smooth conduct of the 2020 UTME nationwide.
“We will likely commence the exercise not later than Monday, Nov. 18, and we plan to use at least 700 well accredited centers across the country.
“The board in its usual penchant for excellence will not accept anything short of what is expected of the centres that wish to participate in the examination,” Benjamin told NAN.
“We have laid down rules and regulations guiding the use of any centre and as such, we expect that owners of centre who intend to collaborate with the board in ensuring the success of this upcoming examination will have no choice than to meet such rules or stay away.
“Those who are genuine stakeholders of our examinations are already aware of our position in the fight against examination infractions and other forms of sharp practices.
“They also know about the board’s zero tolerance in any behavior of a person or group of persons that intend to undermine the integrity of our examination or that of the board.’’
The spokesman dissociated the board from reports making the rounds by a group of individuals in some sections of the media that JAMB’s move to commence the centre verification was allegedly of a short notice, ill-timed and designed to push a lot of the centre owners out of business.
He said that the board did not recognize this group, who call themselves Owners of CBT Centre Proprietors Association of Nigeria (CTAN) whom, according to him, had called a news conference to raise the allegation against the board.
“It is regrettable that these persons under whatever guise are trying to create confusion, heat up the polity and mislead the innocent public with this sort of propaganda.
Are you a candidate? Would you like to check your admission status via JAMB Portal, If yes follow the procedures outlined below.
- Go to JAMB portal at JAMB eFacility Portal. (We recommend you use a laptop or desktop computer or Chrome browser on your Smart/Android phone.)
- Login with your Email and Password that used during registration
- Then locate and click on Check 2019 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS.
- If the page only shows Welcome, do not worry. Just click on the options icon on your phone’s browser (located at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome) and change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View.
- Click on Admission Status on the left panel.
- After your details have been successfully loaded, check if you have been given admission.
- If you have been given admission, you will notice that the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be active. If not, the buttons will appear faint.You can now accept or reject your admission offer under your Admission Profile by clicking on the corresponding button.
NB: If you are using unsupported browser, you may not see the option to check your Admission Status on JAMB CAPS. Most browsers may only display the welcome message. The caps page shows only welcome because it requires you to use desktop mode with upgraded browser to view the complete page. This is why the chrome browser is recommended if you are a using a phone. All you need to do is go to Chrome option and choose request desktop site for the complete page to display as explained in the steps above.
- Successfully admitted candidates are advised to ensure that they indicate the acceptance or rejection of admission online and do so timely to enable the processing of their admission.
- Candidates who have not been offered admission should closely monitor their admission through JAMB CAPS.
- Candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will be able to process their admission. See the procedure below: